Assistant Manager Engineering : 8 – 12 Years Experience
Required Assistant Manager Engineering with 8 – 12 Years experience interested candidates can send their resume to email@example.com . Candidates with terminal background will be an added advantage
Job Location: Chennai
- Reports directly to Manager/Head Engineering
- Manages directly the TOs & JTOs within the department and indirectly all other personal related to this department
- Manages staff and third party support services as required to run the department in an adequate way
Purpose of the function:
- Continue responsible for the management and control of his department.
- Jointly develop and execute the short and long term policy/ strategy concerning maintenance of equipment within the scope of the department, procedures, working methods, personnel and organization.
- To work in accordance with norms agreed within PSA Chennai premises
- Address all personnel of his department to comply with the agreed working methods.
- Responsible for the overall maintenance of all equipments under engineering department, shift activities, purchase and stores
- Continuously optimizes the maintenance schedule and tasks
- Coordination with operation department for to get equipment for maintenance and other issues
- Address personnel within his department on their behaviour in positive & negative sense to the management
- Takes care of an open communication and an open exchange of relevant information.
- Takes care of correctness, updating and improvement of procedures and maintenance data collecting/ maintenance data structure.
- Guides, coaches and supports personnel under his management.
- Guards and evaluates maintenance results and – planning in relation to equipment availability, maintenance effectiveness and -efficiency.
- Controls that the actual maintenance schedules comply with the equipment manufacturer’s prescriptions, unless maintenance efficiency and equipment reliability can be improved through modifications.
- Is responsible for executing maintenance processes in his department to be executed in for the personnel safe way.
- Draft and present the relevant department budget.
- Preparing monthly report(KPI) for equipments, and overall equipments performance monitoring and improving
- Monitor the assigned budget.
Maintains internal contacts with:
- Port management.
- Colleague superintendents and purchasing department concerning maintenance matters
- With staff concerning personnel, improvements in all respects, automation systems, spares etc. Warranty follow up with respective equipment in charge/crane supplier
Maintains external contacts with:
- Approved and screened suppliers of services concerning technical matters.
- Approved and screened suppliers of tools/ spare parts.
- Fluent in English language, in word and writing and acquainted with PC working