- All personnel are required to comply with all PROHIBITED, MANDATORY and WARNING signs, and wear a safety helmet, Safety shoes and Safety vest at all times.
- Visitors are prohibited from entering the port area without the permission of authorized PSA Chennai personnel.
- The speed of all vehicles inside terminal premises is not to exceed 20 km/hr.
- All vehicle drivers inside the port area are to comply with traffic and safety rules and are not to leave the vehicles without permission.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in yard.
- Wearing safety belt inside PSA Chennai is mandatory.
- Drivers remain seated in the cabin.
- Always maintain safe distance from working cranes.
- It is the responsibility of everyone to provide PSA Chennai personnel with any information that may affect port security or be of significance to the port facility and shipping security as specified in the ISPS (International Ship and Port Facility Security) Code.
- If any emergency all personnel are required to report in emergency assembly point (Refer site map)
- Do not have food in Wharf or Yard.
- Do not use mobile phone while driving and at yard.
- Do not stand/sleep/sit in the RTG & QC’s gantry path.
- Do not park vehicles haphazardly in gantry path.
- Do not litter in yard.
- Do not enter into declared restricted areas (warning signages are affixed in the locations).
- Do not park vehicles on RTG & QC’s gantry path and operations areas.
- No pedestrian allowed in PSA Chennai premises, personnel shall always use internal shuttle Van / Car to reach to designated point.
- Photography and video recording within the port area are prohibited without the permission of authorized ChPT & PSA Chennai personnel.
PSA Chennai shall ensure compliance on Chennai Port Trust’s Safety regulations, 1981.
For more information click here http://www.chennaiport.gov.in/RTI/RulesRegulations/chpt6.pdf